Thursday, January 28, 2010

Adventures in Temping

Like so many others who once had bright futures, I am currently temping. And in no position to be grumpy about whatever employment I can get. I recently began a longer term* receptionist gig. On my third day I imagined what I would write on my resume for this illustrious moment in my career.

Temp Job, Receptionist whatever - present
Answered phone up to seven times daily; strengthened sitting-in-a-room skills including drinking water; surfing internet; sitting; breathing; looking at chairs; looking at pens. Additionally, strengthened looking-on-the-internet-at-peers-who-are-more-successful-than-me skills. Some experience practicing juggling using foam apple-shaped stress ball. Successful daily use of elevator.


*Your guess is as good as mine, no one tells me much



No comments:

Post a Comment